Mulled Wine using Todd's Premium Mulling Spices
Todd's Premium Mulled Wine using Todd's Premium Mulling Spices
The tradition of warm, mulled wine dates back centuries in Europe, but this aromatic treat is becoming a holiday favorite world-wide. Recipes vary between cultures and regions--some choose to add a liqueur of choice to the wine and mulling spices--but Todd's opted for this simple, yet crowd-pleasing, and delicious base that can be tweaked to personal taste.
To prepare this gorgeous Mulled Wine using our Signature Mulling Spices, follow the recipe, below. Cheers!
Todd's Premium Mulled Wine
Using Todd's Premium Mulling Spices
- 1.5 L bottle (two 750 ml. bottles) Red Wine of choice--we used Merlot
*Red or white--your choice! We suggest a dry wine (Merlot, Cabernet, Zinfandel, Syrah, etc. or Savingnon Blanc, Chardonnay, etc.), but if you have a sweet tooth you MAY opt. for a sweet red (and forego any liqueur)! Either way, don't use anything expensive--the mulling spices will overpower any quality
½ package (2.25oz.) 4.5oz. package (or 4 Tbsp.)* Todd’s Mulling Spices
*more or less Mulling Spices, to taste (if not sweet or spiced enough, just add more!)
OPTIONAL: 1-2 Tbsp. Honey to taste
*we added 1 Tbsp. to take more of the dry edge off the Merlot
- OPTIONAL: ¼ Cup Liqueur of choice (for an extra punch!). Popular options include brandy, rum, bourbon, raspberry chocolate liqueur, etc.
- Med-sized Slow Cooker (we used a 4 quart)
*stovetop may be used but must be monitored closely to prevent boiling (boiling evaporates the alcohol!)
- Ladle for serving
- Heat-safe Mugs for serving *Clear glass showcases the lovely mulled wine!
Optional (to garnish):
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Orange slices
- Star of Anise
- Add wine to slow cooker
- Add Mulling Spices
- Add more Mulling Spices, Honey, or Liquor to personal preference!
- Stir & cover
- Heat on HIGH or until warm, stirring occasionally and watching closely!
*IMPORTANT!: Do NOT simmer or bring to boil (or the alcohol will evaporate!)
- Turn down to LOW
- Serve warm in heat-safe mugs or cups
*we used lovely clear mugs, found here
- Optional: Add garnishes Cinnamon Sticks, Orange Slices, Cloves, Star of Anise
- Enjoy responsibly!